From Encyclopedia of Buddhism
This site is an online encyclopedia of Buddhism designed for both the general public and those with more specialized interest.
The purpose of this online encyclopedia is to:
- Explain the basic concepts of Buddhism in a manner that is of interest to both the general public and Buddhist practitioners
- Respectfully and without bias present the distinctions between the major traditions within Buddhism
- Provide clear explanations of a wide range of Buddhist terms and concepts in a manner similar to the Abhidharma traditions of Buddhism
- Unless otherwise stated within the article, all articles are subject to the Creative Commons license. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
- In some cases, individual articles may be copyrighted; in this case the copyright information will be included in the article itself.