Buddhaguhya (Skt.; Tib. སངས་རྒྱས་གསང་བ་, Wyl. sangs rgyas gsang ba) was an Indian master who played a key role in the transmission of the Mahayoga teachings in India and Tibet. He was a teacher of Vimalamitra.
Apart from his commentary on the Maha-Vairocana-Abhisambodhi Tantra, little is known of Buddhaguhya's life.
- Hodge, Stephen (2003). The Maha-Vairocana-Abhisambodhi Tantra: With Buddhaguhya's Commentary. Routledge. ISBN 0-7007-1183-X. P.22 Refer:  (accessed: October 30, 2007)
- Wayman, Alex (1983). "Three Tanjur Commentators—Buddhaguhya, Ratnakarasanti, and Smrtijnanakirti". The Tibet Journal. 8 (3): 24–36. JSTOR 43300095.
- Biography at Treasury of Lives
- Alex Wayman, 'Three Tanjur Commentators: Buddhaguhya, Ratnākaraśānti and Smṛtijñānakīrti', Tibet Journal, vol. 8, no. 3 (Autumn 1983), pp. 24-36.
- Dudjom Rinpoche, The Nyingma School of Tibetan Buddhism, Its Fundamentals and History, trans. and ed. Gyurme Dorje (Boston: Wisdom, 1991), vol.1 pp.464-466