This site is an online encyclopedia of Buddhism designed for both the general public and those with more specialized interest.
The purpose of this online encyclopedia is to:
- Explain the basic concepts of Buddhism in a manner that is of interest to both the general public and Buddhist practitioners
- Respectfully and without bias present the distinctions between the major traditions within Buddhism
- Provide clear explanations of key Buddhist terms and concepts in a manner similar to the Abhidharma traditions of Buddhism
- Unless otherwise stated within the article, all articles are subject to the Creative Commons license. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
- In some cases, individual articles may be copyrighted; in this case the copyright information will be included in the article itself.