The Vaidalyaprakarana refutes the sixteen categories set forth in the Nyaya-sutra (of the orthodix Hindu Nyaya school). These categories formed the framework for many of the debates between Buddhist and Hindu philosophers. It is noteworthy for its engagement with the Hindu philosophers.
The Sanskrit version of this text is no longer extant. The text has survived in Tibetan translation, and has recently be translated into English.
- Jan Westerhoff, Crushing the Categories (Vaidalyaprakarana), Wisdom Publications, 2018
- Buswell, Robert E.; Lopez, Donald S. (2014), The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism, Princeton University
Search for videos:
- Search YouTube for: Vaidalyaprakarana Buddhism
- A short recommendation of "Crushing the Categories: Vaidalyaprakarana"
- Description: A short recommendation of "Crushing the Categories: Vaidalyaprakarana"