|Dharma names||Chokyi Sengay Trungpa Rinpoche|
February 6, 1989 |
Derge, Tibet Autonomous Region, PRC
|Teacher||Karma Senge Rinpoche|
Choseng Trungpa Rinpoche is the 12th and current Trungpa tülku. He was born on February 6, 1989 in Pawo village, in Derge, eastern Tibet, and recognized by Tai Situ Rinpoche in 1991. He was enthroned a year later at Surmang Monastery at a ceremony presided over by Domkhar Rinpoche, a high Kagyu lama and Choseng's uncle. The monastery's late abbot (and Choseng Trungpa's predecessor), was Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
He has studied the traditions of Surmang under the tutelage of the late Lama Kenla, (1932–2003), and received his early monastic education at the shedra at Palpung Monastery. He studied at Surmang Namgyal-tse until 2008, and currently studies at Serthar Institute.
- Midal (2005) p. 18
- Harry Oldmeadow (2004) p.290
- Staff. "Chokyi Senge, Trungpa XII Rinpoche". Konchok Foundation. Retrieved 2010-02-04. Biography of Chokyi Sengay, Trungpa XII.
- Biography of recent Trungpas on Simhanada web site (archived 2008)
- Goss, Robert and Klass, Dennis (2005) Dead But Not Lost: Grief Narratives in Religious Traditions pp. 144–145 ISBN 0-7591-0789-0
- Midal, Fabrice (2005) Recalling Chögyam Trungpa ISBN 1-59030-207-9
- Harry Oldmeadow (2004) Journeys East: 20th Century Western Encounters with Eastern Religious Traditions ISBN 0-941532-57-7
- Short Biography of Choseng Trungpa at konchok.org
- Choseng Trungpa's request for Chögyam Trungpa teachings to be made available to Tibetans, 2010, (YouTube)
- (in Chinese) Surmang Dutsi Monestery
Search for videos:
- Search YouTube for: Chokyi Senge Buddhism
- Trungpa XII Rinpoche, 2010
- Description: First recorded statement by Chokyi Senge Trungpa XII Rinpoche, the abbot of Surmang Dutsi Til monastery in eastern Tibet. Recorded in September 2010. Translated into English.
- Invitation to Surmang 2018
- Description: Choseng Trungpa XII Rinpoche extends a personal invitation for visitors to come to the consecration of Surmang Dutsi Til monastery in Tibet for the summer of 2018. For more information about the consecration: Announcing the Surmang Shedra Consecration
Living people list
All people | Historical people | Living people | More people categories...
|This article includes content from Chokyi Sengay on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|