Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche
|This article is a 'sketch' of a biographical, historical or geographical subject. See the external links for more information on this subject.|
Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche (b. 23 Oct 1964) was born into a Tibetan family in Northern India. At a young age he was recognized as an emanation of the Tibetan teacher Jamgön Kongtrül the Great. In 1989, he moved to the United States, where he taught at the Naropa Institute for five years and founded Mangala Shri Bhuti, an organization dedicated to the Longchen Nyingtik teachings. He has established dharma centers in the United States, Brazil, Europe and Japan.
- It's Up to You: The Practice of Self-Reflection on the Buddhist Path (Boston: Shambhala Publications, 2005).
- Light Comes Through: Buddhist Teachings on Awakening to our Natural Intelligence (Boston: Shambhala Publications, 2008)
- Uncommon Happiness, The Path of the Compassionate Warrior (Boudhanath, Hong Kong & Esby: Rangjung Yeshe Publications, 2009)
- The Intelligent Heart—A Guide to the Compassionate Life (Boston: Shambhala, 2016)
- Training in Tenderness: Buddhist Teachings on Tsewa, the Radical Openness of Heart That Can Change the World (Boston: Shambhala, 2018)
Books on the paintings of Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche:
- "Light Coming Through", paintings of Kongtrul Jigme Namgyel, MSB, Boulder, CO;
- "Natural Vitality", the paintings of Kongtrul Jigme Namgyel, Sarasvati Publishing, Crestone, CO
Search for videos:
- Search YouTube for: Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche Buddhism
- Cultivate Self Awareness, Reduce Habitual Thinking
- Description: Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche speaks about the importance of contemplation, and gives an example of how it can lead to an understanding of emptiness by undoing the habitual way we relate to our world as solid and real.
- Becoming a Yogin (Naljor)
- Description: A teaching from the September 2010 Shedra teachings. Rinpoche encourages the audience to take meditation seriously, as it is the only way to become a yogin (tib. naljor).
Living people list
All people | Historical people | Living people | More people categories...
|This article includes content from Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|