Four classes of tantra
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Four classes of tantra|
|Three outer classes|
And one inner class of tantra, which is called
The latter is divided into three:
- Mother Tantras, such as the Chakrasamvara Tantra;
- Father Tantras, such as the Guhyasamaja Tantra, the King of Tantras; and
- Non-dual Tantras, such as Kalachakra.
- The Kalachakra Tantra can be designated either as a Mother Tantra or Non-dual Tantra. See Kalachakra Tantra, Rite of Initiation by the Dalai Lama and Jeffrey Hopkins (London: Wisdom, 1985), pages 165-6.
- Glenn H. Mullin, The Dalai Lamas on Tantra (Snow Lion Publications, 2006)
|This article includes content from Four classes of tantra on Rigpawiki (view authors). Licensed under CC BY-NC 3.0|