P'arang Geri Larkin (b. 1950), born Geraldine Kapp Willis, is founder and former head teacher of Still Point Zen Buddhist Temple, a Korean Chogye center in Detroit, Michigan. The name Geri Larkin is a pen name. She graduated from Barnard College in 1973. Larkin, daughter of a wealthy IBM executive, left her successful business life as a management consultant to enter a Buddhist seminary for three years, where she was ordained. When she left she sold her material possessions and bought a brick duplex in downtown Detroit which, with the help of local residents she cleaned up and turned into Still Point. Larkin's articulation of the concept of "right livelihood" was highly influential on Ann Perrault and Jackie Victor, two of her students who founded Avalon International Breads in Detroit in 1997. She has been a longtime columnist for Spirituality & Health magazine.
- Larkin, Geri (1997). Stumbling toward enlightenment. Berkeley: Celestial Arts.
- — (2013). Close to the ground : reflections on the seven factors of enlightenment. Berkeley: Rodmell Press.
- Building a Business the Buddhist Way ISBN 0-89087-888-9
- Tap Dancing in Zen ISBN 0-89087-889-7
- First You Shave Your Head ISBN 1-58761-009-4
- The Still Point Dhammapada: Living the Buddha's Essential Teachings ISBN 0-06-051370-5
- The Chocolate Cake Sutra ISBN 0-06-083695-4
- Plant Seed, Pull Weed ISBN 0-06-134904-6
- Love Dharma
- Larkin, Geri (Jan–Feb 2013). "Transform your morning". Spirituality & Health. 15 (6): 28–29.
- — (Jan–Feb 2013). "Leaning in". Close to the Ground. Spirituality & Health. 15 (6): 99–100.
- Michigan Dharmaweb
- Alumnae Association of Bernard College (May 2010). Bernard College Alumnae Bibliography. Retrieved on: 2010-07-17
- Collins, Lisa M. (September 4, 2002). "On a roll". Metro Times. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Geri Larkin columns". Spirituality & Health. Retrieved 2015-08-14.
- Spirituality & Health often changes the title of a print article when it is published online. This article is titled "4 Steps to Transform Your Morning" online.
- Spirituality & Health often changes the title of a print article when it is published online. This article is titled "What We Can Learn From Leaning Into Difficulty" online.
Search for videos:
- Search YouTube for: Geri Larkin Buddhism
- Seven Factors of Enlightenment - ONE: MINDFULNESS
- Description: First in a series of Dharma talks about the Seven Factors of Enlightenment, presented by P'arang Geri Larkin.
- Geri Larkin & the 7 factors of enlightenment
- Description: Buddhist author Geri Larkin talks about being okay with okayness, the ironies of anxiety & her new book, Close to the Ground.
|This article includes content from Geri Larkin on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|