|Website||Insight Meditation Center|
Gil Fronsdal is a Norwegian-born, American Buddhist teacher, writer and scholar based in Redwood City, California. He has been practicing Buddhism of the Sōtō Zen and Vipassanā sects since 1975. Having been taught by the Vipassanā practitioner Jack Kornfield, Fronsdal is part of the Vipassanā teachers' collective at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. He was ordained as a Sōtō Zen priest at the San Francisco Zen Center in 1982, and was a Theravāda monk in Burma in 1985.
He is the guiding teacher of the Insight Meditation Center (IMC) of Redwood City. He has a PhD in Buddhist Studies from Stanford University. His many dharma talks available on line contain basic information on meditation and Buddhism, as well as subtle concepts of Buddhism explained at the level of the lay person.
- Gil Fronsdal's official bio with photo
Search for videos:
- Search YouTube for: Gil Fronsdal Buddhism
- Description: DESCR
- "The Dhammapada: A New Translation of the Buddhist Classic with Annotations". Middle Way. The Buddhist Society (120). August 2006. Academic OneFile. Gale Document Number: GALE|A150852691.
- "Teachers - Spirit Rock - An Insight Meditation Center". Spirit Rock - An Insight Meditation Center. Spirit Rock Insight Meditation Center. 2016. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Teachers: Insight Meditation Center". Insight Meditation Center. Insight Meditation Center. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Audio Dharma - Gil Fronsdal". Insight Meditation Center. Insight Meditation Center. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This article uses material from Gil Fronsdal on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|