(Redirected from Help:Bio not here or minimal?)
- How do you decide on what biographies to include?
- For this encyclopedia, our focus is on subjects who are cited in other articles, or who are of major historical importance. For example, if an author or scholar is frequently used as a reference in other articles, we will try to add a biography for them.
- How do you create your biographies?
- If the subject has a biography page on Wikipedia, we will generally start by importing the bio from Wikipedia, and then vet and edit the article as needed.
- If there is no biography on Wikipedia, we will develop the biography from other sources.
- Do you verify the information in biographies that you import from wikipedia?
- When we import biographies from Wikipedia we check for accuracy. See EOB:Vetted
- Your biographies are shorter than those on Wikipedia. Why is that?
- Generally, we remove much of the personal information from the biographies that we import from Wikipedia, especially for living persons. Personal information for living people becomes stale fairly quickly, and we don't have the resources to keep this type of inforation up to date.
- We focus on the subject's professional resume; particularly on information that is not likely to change in the near future.
- Do you welcome feedback?
- Yes. We welcome feedback. If you spot any errors or inaccuracies, please let us know.
- Can I have my biography removed?
- We will remove any bio on request from the subject of the bio.
The page for the 14th Dalai Lama provides an example of a biography of a major figure. In this case, some personal information is included, because it is a key part of the subject's biography. This bio includes:
- Place and date of birth
- Minimal basic chronology of the subject's life
- Honors and titles
- List of published writings