Ian James Coghlan
Ian James Coghlan (Jampa Ignyen) is currently an adjunct research fellow at the School of Philosophical, Historical and International Studies (SOPHIS), Monash University, Melbourne, and a translator for the Institute of Tibetan Classics. He holds a Ph.D. in Asian Studies from La Trobe University, focussing on Buddhist metaphysics, ethics, and hermeneutics.
He trained as a monk at Jé College, Sera Monastic University, completing his studies in 1995.
He has translated and edited a number of works from Tibetan including:
- Ornament of Abhidharma: A Commentary on Vasubandhu's Abhidharmakosa (Wisdom: 2019)
- Science and Philosophy in the Indian Buddhist Classics, Volume 1: The Physical World (Wisdom: 2017)
- Hundreds of Deities of Tusita (Awakening Vajra Publications: 2013)
- An Offering Cloud of Nectar (Awakening Vajra Publications: 2012)
- Stairway to the State of Union (Awakening Vajra Publications:2012)
- Principles of Buddhist Tantra (Wisdom: 2011)