|This article is a 'sketch' of a biographical, historical or geographical subject. See the external links for more information on this subject.|
|Education||St. Joseph's Convent, Wynberg Allen, and St. Mary's Convent|
August 19, 1967
|Title||Her Eminence Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche|
Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche (birth name Tsering Paldrön; born August 19, 1967) is a teacher in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Born in Kalimpong, India, she is the daughter of the late Mindrolling Trichen. At the age of two, she was recognized as the reincarnation of Urgyen Tsomo, who was one of the most well-known female masters of her time.
Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche teaches in Europe, North America, and Asia. She is actively involved with the Mindrolling Monastery in India and in 1993, Rinpoche established the Samten Tse Retreat Centre in Mussoorie, India, as a branch of Mindrolling Monastery, a place of study and retreat for both nuns and Western lay practitioners. In 2003, she established the Mindrolling Lotus Garden Retreat Centre in Stanley, Virginia, USA. In 2014, Rinpoche established the Mindrolling Ösel Ling centre in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- This Precious Life: Tibetan Buddhist Teachings on the Path to Enlightenment, Shambhala Publications (2003), ISBN 1-59030-174-9
Other Texts online
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Khandro Rinpoche|
- Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche (official website)
- Profile from Official website
- BBC audio interview
Search for videos:
- Search YouTube for: Khandro Rinpoche Buddhism
- Khandro Rinpoche – Introduction
- Description: Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche introduces herself.
- Khandro Rinpoche – Why Study Buddhism?
- Description: Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche looks at what the study of Buddhism can offer us in the 21st century.
- An interview with Her Eminence Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche
- Description: What does Buddhism have to offer the West?
- What Impedes Happiness? -Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche
- Description: Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche taught in San Francisco on August 18, 2011. In this video, she asks "what impedes happiness?" especially as it relates to Buddhist practitioners.
- Bringing Physical Limitations Onto The Path
- Description: Khandro Rinpoche discusses how to practice when one encounters physical limitations such as pain, sickness, or even the inability to sit for long periods of time.
- Bringing Relationship Onto The Path
- Description: "Dharma has to be taken into also those situations when you are in a relationship, not in a relationship, or coming out of a relationship." - Khandro Rinpoche
All people | Historical people | Living people | More people categories...
|This article includes content from Khandro Rinpoche on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|