The Buddha said: I teach one thing and one thing only: that is suffering and the end of suffering.
This site is an attempt to explore the theories and practices presented by the Buddha and his followers.
Introduction to Buddhism
- Wheel of Life
- Four Noble Truths
- Noble Eightfold Path
- Anatman (not-self)
- Pratityasamutpada (dependent origination)
- Samsara (cyclic existence)
- Eight worldly concerns
- More basic concepts...
Suffering and its causes
- Buddhist meditation practices
- Shamatha (calm meditation)
- Vipassana (insight meditation)
- Anapanasati (mindfulness of breathing)
- Satipatthana (four applications of mindfulness)
These concepts are generally shared by all Buddhist traditions.
- Dharmas as factors of existence
- Five skandhas
- Twelve links of dependent origination
- Mental factors
These concepts are emphasized more in the traditions of Central Asia and East Asia (Tibetan Buddhism and East Asian Buddhism).
- Buddhist textual traditions
- Buddhist Canons
- Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta (the first teaching of the Buddha)
- Kalama Sutta
- Kaccānagotta Sutta
- More texts...