Jump to navigation Jump to search
pañcānantarya (P. pañcānantarīya; T. mtshams med pa lnga མཚམས་མེད་པ་ལྔ་; C. wu wujian ye) is translated as "five acts with immediate retribution," etc.
These five acts are:
- killing an arhat
- maliciosly wounding a buddha and drawing blood
- creating a schism in the sangha (the community of Buddhist monks and nuns)
- Five acts of immediate consequence (Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism)
- Five crimes of immediate retribution (Rigpa wiki)
- Five boundless crimes
- Five heinous acts (Geshe Thupten Jinpa)
- Five inexpiable acts
- Five sins of immediate effect (Padmakara)
- Five inexpiable crimes (84.000, Padmakara Translation Group)
- Five with immediate reckoning
- Buswell & Lopez 2014, s.v. pañcānantarya.