The term has been translated as “designation,” “imputation,” or “convention."
Nagao Madh states:
- Prajiiapti (Tib. gdags pa) or "designation" is of a worldly or conventional character, being opposite to paramirtha, which is supra-mundane, and beyond any conceptualizations...
- Gold, Jonathan. "Without Karma and Nirvana, Buddhism is Nihilism", in Garfield and Westerhoff, Madhyamaka and Yogacara, Oxford, 2015
- Prajñapti (Encyclopedia Britannica)
- Robert E. Buswell Jr., Donald S. Lopez Jr., The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism (Princeton: 2014), s.v. Prajñapti
- From Miidhyamika to Y ogEka: An Analysis of MMK, XXIV. 18 and MV, I. 1-2