(Redirected from Sravasti miracles)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- the "paired miracle" (yamakaprātihārya), in which the Buddha displayed water streaming from half of his body, and fire from the other half
- the "great miracle" (mahāprātihārya), in which the Buddha displayed multiple emanations of himself
There are multiple accounts of these miracles in traditional sources, in both canonical sources and commentaries.
- Buswell, Robert E.; Lopez, Donald S. (2014), The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism, Princeton University
- Strong, John (2009), The Buddha: A Beginner's Guide, Oxford: Oneworld Publications
- ཆོ་འཕྲུལ་ཆེན་, Christian-Steinert Dictionary
- cho_'phrul_chen_po_bstan_pa, Rangjung Yeshe Wiki
- Brown, Robert L. (1984). "The Śrāvastī Miracles in the Art of India and Dvāravatī". Archives of Asian Art. 37: 79–95.