|Born||1946 (age 72–73)
Stephen Fulder (born 1946 in London, England) is the founder and senior teacher of the Israel Insight Society (Tovana), the major organisation in Israel teaching Buddhist meditative practice. He has worked since 1975 in the field of herbal and complementary medicine as an author, consultant and researcher, publishing many books and research papers.
Stephen Fulder was educated at University of Oxford and the National Institute of Medical Research, where he was awarded his PhD in Molecular Biology. He was a lecturer at London University. He is the founder and senior teacher of Tovana (the Israel Insight Society), a leading Buddhist practice organisation in Israel, teaching Mindfulness, Vipassana and dharma. He has been practicing meditation since 1975. He has been involved for many years in peace work in the Middle East and was a founder of the Middle Way organisation. He used to work in the field of herbs and alternative medicine about which he has written numerous books.
Tovana (Israel Insight Society)
Stephen Fulder has established Tovana (the Israel Insight Society) which is a teaching organisation for the practice of attention in everyday life through insight meditation — Vipassana. Tovana is inspired by Buddhist tradition, philosophy and practice as a way of life. Tovana is linked to a looser network of Western centers and teachers, such as the Insight Meditation Society in the United States and Gaia House in Britain. It holds many residential retreats throughout the year as well as lectures, meetings and weekly group practices across the country.
- Ageing and Somatic Mutations in Human Fibroblasts, Ph.D Thesis, CNAA, London (1975).
- About Ginseng, Thorsons, Harper Collins, London (1976). ISBN 0722506597
- The Ginseng Book, Avery Press, New York (1996). ISBN 0895297205
- The Book of Ginseng, and other Chinese Herbs for Vitality, Healing Arts Press, Rochester, Vermont, (1993). ISBN 0892814918
- An End to Ageing?, Thorsons, Harper Collins, London, and Healing Arts Press, Rochester, Vermont, (1987). ISBN 0722507690
- The Handbook of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Third edition, Oxford University Press, Oxford (1996). ISBN 0192626698
- Garlic, Nature's Original Remedy (with John Blackwood),Healing Arts Press, Rochester, Vermont (1991). ISBN 0892814365
- The Garlic Book. Avery Press, New York (1996). ISBN 0895297868
- How To Survive Medical Treatment, Third edition, C.W. Daniel, Saffron Walden, Essex (1994). ISBN 0852072791
- Towards a New Science of Health, (with R. Lafaille, co-editor), Routledge, London (1993). ISBN 0415081718
- The Ginger Book: Souvenir Press, London (1994). and Avery Press, New York, (1996).
- Potentiating Health and the Crisis of Immunity, (with A. Mizrachi, N. Sheinman, co-editors), Plenum, New York, (1996).ISBN 030645602-8
- FAQs: All About Garlic Avery Press, New York (1998). ISBN 0895298864
- FAQs: All About Ginseng, Avery Press, New York (1998). ISBN 0895298929
- User's Guide to Garlic, Basic Health Publications, Bergen, New Jersey (2005) ISBN 1-59120-135-7
- Presence: Buddhist Inspired Essays on Awakening in Daily Life, (Hebrew). In press. Pardes Publishers, Haifa, Israel.
- "Teachers". Tovana.
- Loss, J. (2010). "Buddha-Dhamma in Israel - Explicit Non-Religious and Implicit Non-Secular Localization of Religion". Nova Religio: The Journal of Alternative and Emergent Religions. JSTOR 10.1525/nr.2010.13.4.84.
- "About the teachers". Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya.
- Ataria, Y., Dor-Ziderman, Y. and Berkovich-Ohana, A. (2015). "How does it feel to lack a sense of boundaries? A case study of a long-term mindfulness meditator". Consciousness and Cognition, Vol 37, p 133-147.
- "Walk in peace". Israel21c. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Hirschfield, Robert (2009). "Stephen Fulder: An Israeli Buddhist's Resistance to Occupation". Washington Report On Middle East Affairs.
- Hawes, M. (2003). Twelve Principles. Living with Integrity in the twenty-first Century. Australia: Finch Publishing. ISBN 9781876451486.
- Fulder, Stephen (2007). "The Basic Concepts of Alternative Medicine and Their Impact on Our Views of Health". Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
- Tovana (The Israel Insight Society): http://tovana.org.il/
- Stephen Fulder's Website in English: www.stephenfulder.com
- Stephen Fulder's Website in Hebrew: www.heb.stephenfulder.com
- Stephen Fulder's Dharma Talks on Dharma Seed: http://imsb.dharmaseed.org/teacher/589/
- Stephen Fulder's article on Tricycle: Do We Really "Have No Choice"?
- Mashiv Nefesh - Spiritual Center in Klil (in Hebrew): https://mnclil.com/
Search for videos:
- Search YouTube for: Stephen Fulder Buddhism
- Stephen Fulder discusses "what is meditation".
- Description: Stephen Fulder is the founder and senior teacher of Tovana in Israel. In this video interview he discusses "what is meditation", "who should meditate", "why there are different practices" and more.
Living people list
All people | Historical people | Living people | More people categories...
|This article includes content from Stephen Fulder on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|