Library of Wisdom and Compassion
(Redirected from The Library of Wisdom and Compassion)Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the publisher:
- The Library of Wisdom and Compassion is a special multivolume series in which His Holiness the Dalai Lama shares the Buddha’s teachings on the complete path to full awakening that he himself has practiced his entire life. The topics are arranged especially for people seeking practical spiritual advice and are peppered with the Dalai Lama’s own unique outlook. Assisted by his long-term disciple, the American nun Thubten Chodron, the Dalai Lama sets the context for practicing the Buddha’s teachings in modern times and then unveils the path of wisdom and compassion that leads to a meaningful life and sense of personal fulfillment. This series is an important bridge from introductory to profound topics for those seeking an in-depth explanation from a contemporary perspective.
The first three volumes in the series are:
- Volume 1: Approaching the Buddhist Path (Wisdom: 2017)
- Volume 2: The Foundation of Buddhist Practice (Wisdom: 2018)
- Volume 3: Saṃsāra, Nirvāṇa, and Buddha Nature (Wisdom: 2018)
- Volume 4: Following in the Buddha’s Footsteps
- Volume 5: In Praise of Great Compassion
- Volume 6: Courageous Compassion
- Volume 7: Searching for the Self
- Volume 8: Realizing the Profound View (forthcoming, Dec 2022)
See the links below for additional information.