Buddha-śāsana (P. Buddha-sāsana; T. སངས་རྒྱས་ཀྱི་བསྟན་པ་; C. 釋教), literally "message of the Buddha," refers the the teachings of the Buddha, in the sense of an institutional or historical set of teachings.
Buddha-sāsana is translated as "message of the Buddha," "dispensation of the Buddha," "teachings of the Buddha," etc.
Other traditional terms for Buddha's teachings are:
- dharmavinaya, the teaching and the discipline
- śāsana, "the dispensation"
- buddhadharma, the dharma of the Buddha
- buddhavacana, the word of the Buddha
Further information: sāsana
- Nyanatiloka Thera (2019), Nyanaponika Thera, ed., Buddhist Dictionary: Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines, Pariyatti Publishing
- སངས་རྒྱས་ཀྱི་བསྟན་པ་, Christian-Steinert Dictionary
- 佛教, Digital Dictionary of Buddhism