sahajāvidyā (T. lhan cig skyes pa'i ma rig pa ལྷན་ཅིག་སྐྱེས་པའི་མ་རིག་པ་; C. jusheng wuming) is translated as "innate ignorance," "co-emergent ignorance," etc.
The Rangjung Yeshe Dictionary states:
- Ignorance that is co-emergent with our innate nature and remains present as the potential for confusion to arise when meeting with the right conditions.
Sahajāvidyā is contrasted with parikalpitāvidyā (imputed ignorance).
- See also
- innate ignorance (Buswell and Lopez),
- connate ignorance (Dzogchen Ponlop),
- coemergent ignorance (Rigpa translations)
- co-emergent ignorance,
- co-emergent unawareness (Kapstein)