arciṣmatī-bhūmi (T. 'od 'phro ba འོད་འཕྲོ་བ་; C. yanhui di) is translated as the "radiant ground," "ground of radiance," etc. It is the fourth of the ten bodhisattva grounds (bhumis) according to the presentation in the Dasabhumika-sutra of the Sanskrit tradition.
Patrul Rinpoche states:
- At this stage, the pāramita of diligence is perfected. All the obscurations associated with laziness (kausīdya) are purified.
- Twelve sets of ten million qualities are gained, such as the ability to enter into and arise from ten million samādhi meditations in a single instant, and so on.
- One can take birth as a ruler of the House of Gemini (Skt. Parākrama).
- This fourth bhūmi is called ‘Radiant’, because bodhisattvas who have reached this stage radiate the fiery wisdom that burns away the emotional and cognitive obscurations.
- A Brief Guide to the Stages and Paths of the Bodhisattvas, Lotsawa House